Monday, April 16, 2012

GUAM: The Quest for God: The Problem of Evil and Free Will

The Search for Gold / The Search for Understanding:


           God does exist.  Some people beg to differ because there is evil and corruption in the world.  A common rebuttal to the existence of God may be "if God's real than why do human beings commit crimes, harm others, and even murder one another?"  The main idea is that God can't cause the world to be perfect.  He can't prevent evil from happening because evil is not thing but a wrong choice made by an individual, and God can't make our choices.  If he made our choices we wouldn't even be human beings; we'd merely be robots.

The Search for Authenticity:  


             This topic challenges me greatly.  Never before did I think about this notion of evil and corruption.  I never really thought that God is a bad person for not preventing evil from happening.  I have just sort of thought that there's no such thing as perfection, but now when I look at both arguments in this topic the more I realize how both make all kinds of sense.


The Search for Meaning:


Does God exist?
Does God have the ability to stop all evil?
Does God want our world to be imperfect?
Can God inspire evil doers to eternally become good, or is it all up to the person to change his bad ways?






No comments:

Post a Comment