Although I call myself a good sport I often hustle people. I'm always competing with my friends and family. My personal hustle manifesto consists of several things:
I frequently hustle my dad because he is one of my role models. I like to compare myself to him because I want to be just as good a man as him but even better. It may sound selfish that I want to be better than my father, but really it is a compliment to him. Whenever my dad makes fun of me for saying something stupid I say in a joking way, "at least my high school grade point average is higher than yours was." Obviously grades have nothing to do with intelligence, but the fact that I even bother to compete with my dad in the first place proves that I think very highly of him.
I also hustle my friends on a day to day basis. My best friend and I are always competing when it comes to grades, working out, playing video games, and pretty much everything else imaginable. We don't hustle each other in a negative way; it is completely positive and healthy. By hustling him I am motivated to perform better in school, become stronger and more intelligent, and just overall improve my skills in all categories.
Needless to say, the art of hustling is quite significant in my life. Some say it's not good to compete with others, but I completely disagree. Without competition I would not be motivated to perform tasks to the best of my ability, and furthermore life would be boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment